With so much information around the web about radio earpiece’s it’s hard to find the best and generally candid articles. here is a piece from a good site that i believe to be true, do not quote me on it but please read and enjoy
By integrating premium stereo game sound with crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network (PSN), XBOX LIVE® and PC/Mac platforms, the PX21 creates the definitive audio environment for playing popular PS3™, XBOX® and PC titles such as Call of Duty® Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Assassin’s Creed II and Guitar Hero®.
“The P21 has been extremely popular with the PS3 gaming community, resulting in tremendous interest from gamers who wanted the same features on the XBOX 360. In response to this demand, we transformed the P21 into the PX21-an improved version that adds XBOX LIVE chat and other enhancements for the same price as the original P21.” says Peter Ronick, Director of Marketing.
“The PX21 is essentially two headsets in one-a stereo USB headset for mic communication and an amplified stereo headset for game sound. That means you can independently control chat and game sound from a single control unit regardless of the platform. Whether you’re playing PS3, XBOX or PC games, the PX21 delivers high quality game audio, clear communications and unique features for a competitive edge that can make the difference between winning and losing-all at an affordable price.”
Visually compatible with the PS3, the PX21 sports a slick, glossy-black design with curves and elements that compliment the PS3 motif. Larger, more comfortable ear cups detailed with a chrome ring, helps to differentiate the new model from its predecessor. Like the P21, the PX21 includes unique features for enhanced comfort and convenience during extended game play.
The rugged design is exceptionally lightweight, for comfortable wear during long play sessions.
The PX21 incorporates many of the features found in the popular Turtle Beach Ear Force XBOX 360 headsets, including:
* Stereo USB audio channel provides separate controls for PSN chat or PC stereo audio.
* Deep fabric-mesh ear cushions sit comfortably around the ears to block out distractions.
* Twist-style ear cups rotate to lay flat on the shoulders when taking a break from the game.
* An extra-long 16-foot cable allows freedom to move around the room while playing and a convenient belt clip secures the in-line amplifier so it stays out of the way.
* Independent volume controls for game and voice signals make it easy to balance USB chat and stereo game sounds.
* Variable bass boost control makes explosions, gun shots and other deep-bass effects more dramatic by allowing the user to adjust the impact of low frequencies as desired.
* Proprietary Chat Boost™ feature automatically increases chat levels during loud gaming sequences, so online communication from teammates isn’t drowned out.
* Stereo Expander spreads the stereo signal for increased depth in the sound field.
* A microphone with rugged, oversized, flexible boom accurately reproduces the gamer’s voice while keeping out unwanted ambient noise.
* A microphone monitor keeps gamers from raising their voices louder than necessary and avoids the “under water” feeling that results when you can’t hear yourself speak.
* Premium sound is delivered by acoustically tuned ear cups, wide-bandwidth 40mm speaker drivers with high-density magnets and DC-coupled amplifiers for low distortion.
* Compatible with XBOX LIVE, PSN chat and PC online chat.
* 3.5mm plug for direct connection to PC or Mac without an optional adapter cable.
The Ear Force PX21 headset has an MSRP of $79.95 and will be available at major US retailers including Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, Newegg and at major Canadian retailers including Best Buy Canada and Future Shop, as well as from the Turtle Beach web site. Turtle Beach Ear Force headsets are distributed in Europe by Mad Catz Interactive, Inc.
Turtle Beach designs and markets high-quality audio peripherals for PC and video game platforms, including its growing line of Ear Force gaming headphones and headsets for XBOX and PS3 game consoles and for personal computer games. Turtle Beach, with headquarters in Elmsford, New York, is a brand of Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc.
which has been at the forefront of music and audio technology for more than three decades and is recognized as a pioneer of today’s PC audio industry.
Turtle Beach, Chat Boost and Ear Force are trademarks and registered trademarks of Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc. XBOX, XBOX 360 and XBOX LIVE are registered trademarks of Microsoft, Corp. PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.
Mac is a registered trademark of the Apple Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.